Before-hours access to Leonardo da Vinci exhibition with an art restorer
The year 2019 marks the 500-year anniversary of Leonardo da Vinci’s death in France. For the occasion, the Louvre Museum has organized an unprecedented retrospective of da Vinci’s painting career. The exhibition illustrates how he placed utmost importance on painting, and how his investigation of the world was the instrument of his art, seeking nothing less than to bring life to his paintings. We give you the chance to access the exhibition before the Louvre museum opening hours. Your guide will be no classic guide, but the artist who restored some of the most famous Leonardo da Vinci’s masterpieces for the exhibition. For 1.30 hours, she will guide you through the exhibition, sharing her knowledge and passion for da Vinci’s life and work.
After this very special visit, you will be invited to visit her restoration workshop in the North of Paris. In this monumental 320sqm atelier, you will discover the method behind paintings conservation and restoration. It will definitely be a unique opportunity to understand how Leonardo da Vinci’s paintings were restored, using different techniques: relining, cleaning, pictorial reintegration, ultraviolet and reflectography.
At 1889 Travel France, we will be happy to open these very private doors for your clients, please contact us!
(Da Vinci Exhibition until 16th of February 2020)
1889's crush of the month
Cédric Grolet has opened a new pastry shop in Opéra’s neighborhood!
The world acclaimed executive pastry chef of Le Meurice has opened his first solo bakery-pastry shop on November 22nd. Cédric Grolet was appointed best pastry chef in the world in 2018 by The World’s 50 Best Restaurants. In his new boutique, you will enjoy the best of French pastries, “viennoiseries”, and breads. Either take-away or comfortably seated at the first floor “salon de thé”, you will taste a tea-time or light lunch you may remember forever!
Address: 35 avenue de l’Opéra 75001 Paris
From Monday to Saturday, from 8.30am to 7pm
Icing on the cake:
How about cooking with an iconic French pastry Chef?
Pierre Hermé, Gilles Marchal, Cédric Grolet, Jacques Génin… are among today French best pastry Chefs. Enjoy an exclusive, private encounter with these pastry artists in their workshops. You will learn how to make the most beautifully designed and tasteful creations. Discover how to perfectly use classic French flavors and make typical desserts such as macarons, chocolate tart and many more.
- It is the first time ever that The Louvre Museum exhibits a living artist. French painter Pierre Soulages has just turned 100 years old, and an exhibition dedicated to his paintings just opened this week, including some which he painted a few months ago!
- Christmas is always a good time for ice skating. This year in Paris, you will discover 3 extraordinary ice rinks: For intimacy and luxury, an ice rink has been settled within the heart of Hotel Plaza Athénée. For the best view over Paris, you will try the one on Galeries Lafayette’s rooftop. And for a monumental experience, you won’t miss the world’s biggest indoor ice rink in the Grand Palais.
- The largest digital art center in the world will open in Bordeaux on April 2020 within the former submarine base. The Bassins de Lumières is three times the size of that of the Carrières de Lumières in Les Baux de Provence and five times that of the Atelier des Lumières in Paris.
- A Luxury hotel will open within the grounds of the Château de Versailles in Spring 2020. Le Grand Contrôle is a true gem featuring 14 rooms and apartments, a signature Alain Ducasse restaurant, wellness centre, and indoor swimming pool.
- Michelin guide has just acquired Robert Parker’s wine advocate guide.
1889 Travel France
1889 Travel France was derived from a team of three experts working within luxury, arts & culture, and gastronomy. 1889 Travel France is a French Luxury DMC creating exclusive and bespoke programs in Paris & France. All our experiences and journeys are tailor-made to emulate the whims and desires of each and every guest. We work directly with our partners and travel all over France to create and source the most exclusive experiences.